Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Finally, ISB calls!

Last night, ISB R2 admits were sent out, and I happened to be one of the privileged few to receive an admit!
Whew! Finally, something went right.

Right now, I am more relieved than happy. Because this means that I am going someplace this year, for sure.

I am yet to receive the results from McCombs and Duke, but the fact that I have one admit already makes the wait a lot easier.
Come to think of it, even if I do get into McCombs, I’d rather prefer ISB to it since McCombs is a big money gamble, and I wont even get a loan from US (due to their stupid co-signer requirements).

So right now, it is only Duke that can make me change my mind about joining ISB.
Obviously Duke-Fuqua is too great an opportunity to miss, if I do get an admit. But again, it’s 4 times as expensive as ISB, and takes twice the time as ISB to earn an MBA degree. US Schools are always a big gamble, but they also pay-off better than non-US schools.

Well, right now, since I haven’t got anything from Duke yet, there is no point in romanticizing the dilemma.
And even if I do manage to get into the beautiful dilemma, a problem of plenty is always better than the other way round!

No comments: