Monday, February 20, 2006

ISB Interview

I had my R2 interview for ISB on Jan 27th, Friday at The Oberoi, Bangalore.
The 50 word essay was too short, and my topic was "LIFE". Managed to write a small satirical essay, although I didn’t bother too much about the word count.

My interview was scheduled to start at 3 PM, and I was called in on the dot. There were 4 people on the panel, a senior lady and a middle aged man, probably from Adcom, and two fairly young guys (probably alums). I wished them as I entered, but the panel didn’t seem too friendly. I never caught them smiling throughout the entire time.

The interview went on for a full 30 minutes, and they had to end it since we were running out of time. The questions were as below:
1) Tell us why you have stuck to the same company for more than 5 years?
2) What kind of complex situations have you faced at work, and how have you solved them?
3) Would your current company want to hire you after your MBA, and why?
4) A few more questions about some of the awards and achievements on my resume.
5) What is it about you that separates you from the rest of the IT applicants?
(Since I mentioned about my blog, and my creative writing habits, they asked me a few more questions about my writings etc)
6) Since I had mentioned about sports in my resume, there were a few questions on soccer.
7)I was asked some specific questions about one of the projects I had worked on, and one of them even asked me if I knew the price of a Single Instance WebSphere Application Server (since I am from IBM).
8) I was given a chance to ask any questions to them.
9) Midway during my questions, I was interrupted since they were running out of time. One of the guys started asking me about some project management situations, and how I would handle various people related situations. Actually grilled me with cross questions.
That was the last question. I wished them and left.
Thought I did pretty well, but could have done much better. A mixed bag.
Now keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: