Monday, July 16, 2007

The Resurrection

I am back!
After a really long time, I am attempting to write again. My last post was way back in December last year. Since then, I have tried writing a couple of articles, but decided not to post them on the blog due to certain privacy needs.
Anyways, here is a quick update on how life has shaped up since December 2006.

  • Got placed at MindTree Consulting in Feb 2007. The placement week at ISB was “interesting”. I have a lot that I want to write about regarding the placement season, but will refrain from elaborating in the interest of the school.
  • Graduated from ISB in April 2007, and drove back to Bangalore. Embarked on a Himalayan Expedition with a group of ISBians, and spent a good 2 weeks in the Delhi-Punjab-Himachal Pradesh-UP belt. The high-point of the trip was the trek up the Himalayas, including an overnight camp in a cold valley amidst the beautiful snow capped mountains. We also indulged in a lot of adventure sports such as skiing, rock climbing, rappling, river crossing, Paragliding, Whitewater rafting etc. But nothing compares to the adventure of being separated from the group, and lost in the midst of the Himalayas. Whew, that was all the adventure and fun that I can digest for a while!
  • After returning to Bangalore, spent a good 45 days discovering myself, and just chilling at home. Surprisingly, all my friends claim to have been bored with all the free time on their hands while I always seem to have so much to do and so little free time, despite having almost 2 whole months between graduating and joining work.
  • Joined MindTree on June 4th, and was put through a fairly rigorous Business Analyst Bootcamp. Made more presentations in 3 weeks than I did during my year at ISB. Was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable I was in addressing audiences. Surely, I have changed.
  • Right now, I am close to being jobless, waiting for my travel documentation to come through before I can assume my position in the assigned territory. And start delivering. Business Development is a whole new ball game, and I am betting on me to make it a successful career. Any takers?

Hopefully, from now on, I will be more regular with the blogging bit. And have something more interesting to write about than a boring account of my life’s insipid happenings.

Till then, ciao!

1 comment:

Lil Shaq said...

hi kiran! i've got admits from isb, mccombs n rotman.. i was looking for some data and hit ur blog.. went thru the confessions :D can i ve ur email id or phone no.? thr r some points i wanna discuss whn u r free.. so can u pls mail me ur contact details to balajis10@gmail.com..