Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Creativity Unleashed

This term I decided to humor myself a bit, and enrolled for a course called "Creativity, Innovation and Design", CID in short. From what I saw in the first class, it seems like a fun course, unlike most other courses in a B-school curriculum.

Our first assignment was to write a 55-word story. The word count restriction, at first, sounded ridiculous. But as I started thinking about it, I realized this had to be like a 3 panel comic strip. And Calvin and Hobbes was a classic example of how the most memorable stories are written in the fewest of words.

With some heavy inspiration from Calvin's Spaceman Spiff alter-ego, here's what I conjured:

The great escape
We are taking you to Planet Kroz as proof that intelligent life exists on Earth,” the alien chief glorked in perfectly accented English, tentacles awkwardly clicking and scrolling through the online “Krozzian–English Translation Manual”. As he moved to close the Explorer window, his cuticular eyes fell on my Blackboard grades.

Release him,” he screamed.

P.S. The Prof liked it, and even edited it for me. I simply couldn't resist taking a dig at the "universal" corelation between intelligence and grades. But frankly, I am not complaining at all.

No comments: